Re: Emacsen intermediate step proposal.

Brian White <bcwhite@verisim.com> writes:

> Perhaps having a non-clean install of emacs19 would be worth it to save
> problems with other packages the already declare dependancies on emacs.

No.  Things are about to change a *lot* in the various emacsen
packages.  I think Mark, James, and I have come up with a way to
support simultaneous install of all the flavors, while maintaining the
flexibility that the maintainers of the more complex emacs add-on
packages need.  I'm implementing it now to make sure it works, and
I'll post a proposal soon just to make sure that it satisfies all the
other maintainer's needs.

Because of the changes, I'm fairly certain that all of the package
that have emacs dependencies are going to have to upload new versions
anyway, so changing one line in their control files will be the least
of the issues.

Thanks

--
Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu>