port 80 connections persist after closing Netscape

I use Netscape for browsing, diald for managing connections.

When I close Netscape, I often find that connections on port 80
suddenly get revived.  I can use dctrl to tell diald to close the call,
and this terminates existing instances of port 80 connections.

However, after a few seconds, they get revived again, even though there is
no process running that should know about them or want to revive them.

Can anyone tell me what is going on and how to stop it?

Unsolicited email advertisements are not welcome; any person sending
such will be invoiced for telephone time used in downloading together
with a £25 administration charge.