Re: Emacs20 and mail file locking.

karlheg@bittersweet.inetarena.com (Karl M. Hegbloom) writes:

>  I don't think that the dot locking done by `movemail' is nfs-aware.
>  You'd need to use libnfslock for that, I guess, or patch `movemail'.

Assuming you're right, and movemail is used for all mail locking, then
if we patch movemail to use liblockfile, we should be fine.

I'm under the impression that liblockfile handles everything,
including nfs.  I believe libnfslock is transitional, for use until
everything's migrated to liblockfile.

--
Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu>