Re: Emacs20 and mail file locking.

    Rob> Assuming you're right, and movemail is used for all mail
    Rob> locking, then if we patch movemail to use liblockfile, we
    Rob> should be fine.

 I volunteer to try rolling those patches into XEmacs 20.5.  I think
 that configure ought to detect `liblockfile' and compile `movemail'
 accordingly.  Sound right?

    Rob> I'm under the impression that liblockfile handles everything,
    Rob> including nfs.  I believe libnfslock is transitional, for use
    Rob> until everything's migrated to liblockfile.

 Yes, that seems right... I looked them over once a few months ago.  I
 think after I've finished reading the two W. Richard Stevens Unix
 programming books I've just begun, I will go over them again with
 better understanding, and thus, better recollection.