Re: problem with libmime-perl_3.204-1.deb in hamm

  Tim>  I am in the process of upgrading my system to run current with hamm
  Tim> and had a problem with the libmime-perl pkg relating to the
  Tim> libwww-perl pkg that prevented both pkgs from configuring.

"Hm, not good" says the libmime-perl maintainer (that would be me :-(  )

  Tim> First libwww-perl requires libmime-base64-perl which does not exist. I
  Tim> figured that libmime-perl provided this so I edited it's entry in
  Tim> /var/lib/dpkg/status to reflect this.

As Scott pointed out, it does. But as it is a new package, it takes a little
longer to get it into the distribution.

  Tim> Then I discovered that libmime-perl depends on libwww-perl (which
  Tim> depends on libmime-perl) hence running dpkg --pending --configure
  Tim> segfaulted. I fixed this by removing the libmime-perl's dependancy on
  Tim> libwww-perl from the status file.
  Tim>
  Tim> Was this an error in the libmime-perl pkg, or did I make it work when
  Tim> it shouldn't have??

libmime-perl is a small and simple package which I built when I needed the
functionality at my Debian system at work.  I haven't upgraded the package
since.

libmime-base64-perl is a new package. I sent email to its maintainer about
how and why it is bigger/better/a possible replacement for mine, but I have
yet to hear from him.  Michael ?

We should sort this out between the respective perl libs maintainers.

--
edd@rosebud.ml.org                   According to the latest official figures,
http://rosebud.ml.org/~edd        43% of all statistics are totally worthless.