Re: What warrants a non-maintainer release number?

On 17 Dec 1997, James Troup wrote:

> If the binary changes, the version number should change.

Completely agreed. Everything else will only result in a big mess.

I'll check our how I can make policy more clearly on this point and
include something in the next policy weekly posting.

--                  Christian Schwarz
                   schwarz@monet.m.isar.de, schwarz@schwarz-online.com
                  schwarz@debian.org, schwarz@mathematik.tu-muenchen.de
                PGP-fp: 8F 61 EB 6D CF 23 CA D7  34 05 14 5C C8 DC 22 BA
 CS Software goes online! Visit our new home page at