Re: options for menu packages

Avery Pennarun writes:
 > I see a couple of problems with this.  First, "-i 2 -p 10" makes a bit of a
 > silly looking configuration file.  Secondly, placing any of the above
 > commands in your "menu" entry seems wrong to me -- if the user runs pppload
 > from the command line, he doesn't get the same settings as starting it from
 > the menu!

I second this.  In fact, when suggesting we should have a conffile, I
didn't think of a menu-specific conffile; it was more a suggestion of
improvement to the app itself.

As suggested by Avery, a shell wrapper would be a usable solution, but
this may introduce work on upgrade when/if the binary handles a
conffile itself.

I'd think a plain-C (or whatever language pppload is written in)
conffile handling would be better, if you have time to do this, and if
the upstream author accepts it (better see that before starting such
work ;)

But I must admit the current solution works OK for me, and is a very
low-cost one !

Regards,
--
Yann Dirson  <ydirson@a2points.com>      | Stop making M$-Bill richer & richer,