Re: What warrants a non-maintainer release number?

Santiago Vila <sanvila@unex.es> writes:

> This is that way because our package system does not allow several
> binary packages for the same source package. But it should.

[...]

> Again this is a limitation of our current source|binary packaging
> scheme.  Does not mean it has to be that way.

[...]

I was talking about reality and not about what might/should/could be.
If you want to talk about whatever, fine, I don't care, but please
don't confuse this issue.  The fact of the matter is *currently*,
uploading a new version of a .deb with the same version number is
wrong, IMO.  What you think our packaging system should be doing at
some unspecified time in the future has nothing to do with it.

--
James