Re: Strange mail problem

  liiwi>  Hello!  I'm having trouble with fetchmail and procmail. The trouble
  liiwi> is that fetchmail ignores the 'mda "formail -s procmail"' line
  liiwi> totally and delivers all mail to port 25. nice. I can't remember,
  liiwi> how many times I have checked everything.

Which version are you using? The following works with 4.3.4-1, and has been
for a long time with older versions:

-------------------- ~/.fetchmailrc -----------------------------------------
defaults
        fetchall
        mda             "formail -s procmail"
#       mda             "/usr/bin/formail -s procmail"
        stripcr

poll some.pop.server.net
        protocol        apop
        user            someuser
        password        somepassword

but notice how I used to use a complete path to formail as fetchmail (2.x or
3.x) used fail at bott.

 --
edd@rosebud.ml.org                   According to the latest official figures,
http://rosebud.ml.org/~edd        43% of all statistics are totally worthless.