Re: news gateways

From: Christian Schwarz <schwarz@monet.m.isar.de>
> Does this mean we shouldn't include the list addresses (debian-devel@...)
> in our web pages? If so, I guess I have to fix some pages...

I don't have a problem with the list addresses being in the WWW pages.

We should be cognizant that people do troll for mailto: URLs and spam them.
The major problem is that the WWW list archives get into search engines,
and then clueless people search for keywords and fire off questions to
anyone knowledgable that they find. For example, people regualarly ask me
about X-10 controllers because of stuff I posted a year ago. I can deal with
this, but it seems to annoy Ian Jackson (see his posting).

Maybe we need our own separate Internet, with an intelligence test required to
get in. That's sort of what the Internet was like as recently as 3 years ago.

	Thanks

	Bruce