Re: unstripped stuff in /usr/lib

From: Christian Schwarz <schwarz@monet.m.isar.de>
> Policy, section `3.3.2 Libraries' says that all shared libraries have to
> be stripped (unless they are part of a debugging package).
>
> I'm not sure if we should treat static libraries the same way, since some
> people might need the symbols for debugging. Could someone comment on
> that?

We could let the -dev versions of packages have diversions of the libraries
to unstripped versions, and have the runtime versions have stripped versions.

Hey, if we're going to put fancy features in dpkg, let's use them :-)

Most hated feature of HURD systems - everything comes unstripped, minimum
system is 300MB.

	Bruce