Re: group of Java maintainers was Re: guavac, kaffe, kore, a free java development environment?

Christian Leutloff <leutloff@sundancer.oche.de> writes:
> package:       coordinator
>
> guavac:        Hamish Moffatt <hamish@debian.org>
> jdk:           Jim Pick <jim@jimpick.com>
> kaffe:         Vincent Renardias <vincent@waw.com>
> kore:          Ben Armstrong <synrg@sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca>
> biss-awt:      Christian Leutloff <leutloff@sundancer.oche.de>
> java-base-doc: Ben Armstrong <synrg@sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca>

I would suggest breaking jdk up into jdk-vm and jdk-classes Since kore is
still in the early stages many people will want to run kaffe with the jdk
classes. then kaffe can depend on kore|jdk-classes and recommend biss-awt.

Also it would be nice to have a jre package, but i'm not sure the linux port
has it separated and i'm not sure we can break apart the jdk, either legally
or practically.

> Should we set up a Java related mailing list or a common mail address
> like java-group@debian.org!?

count me in, i've been meaning to package this stuff for a while

> Btw., can we use Java or is it a trademark of Sun, that we can't use here??

quite possibly. Though i can't see how they could object to our naming their
own software java, we should be careful when we start talking about kaffe et.
al.

greg