Re: New bug Severity for release-goals?

On 23-Nov-1997, Mark Baker <mbaker@iee.org> wrote:
> In article <m0xZadt-001NHbC@night>,
> 	dark@xs4all.nl (Richard Braakman) writes:
>
> > * Link shared libs against other shared libs instead of static [14]
>
> What you mean is `link shared libs so they contain dependency information'.
>
> If you don't do that, ldd says `statically linked' but that's just a very
> misleading error, since libraries are never statically linked.

The entire Debian policy on shared libs is still unclear to me.
There are some explanations of how dpkg-sharedlibs works in the Debian
manuals, and other things, but I don't really understand what is
required. If this is going to be a 2.0 requirement, it might be a
good idea for someone who knows what is going on to clarify the
policy manual, developers manual, or both.

--
       Tyson Dowd           #
                            #         Linux versus Windows is a