Re: Red Hat 5.0 Release date

Have you guys looked at dunce? When I looked at it there were several
problems that I had, but overall I think it's a good starting point for
the ppp configure script that you have been talking about.

This has been a capability that we have desperately needed for some time
now. What has always put me off about the problem is the number of
differing setups, and the variety of problems that they present. While I
agree that most ISPs are set up for connection from Win95 boxes, and this
may simplify matters, that doesn't speak to some of the other variables
(modem configuration comes to mind), and while I agree that a good first
approach is to target the major situation, don't loose site of the fact
that we should eventually be able to also deal with at least several of
the special cases.

This discussion (from my reading of the tread) is doing a good job of
sharpening up the design considerations for this tool, and I encourage you
to continue in the direction you are taking.

Thanks for listening,

Dwarf