Re: Ramdisk > 8Mb

On 4 Nov 1997, Brederlow wrote:

> I tried to set up a ramdisk of 40 MB, which didn't work.
> mke2fs /dev/ram1 16384 (or bigger) gives erros.
> mke2fs /dev/ram1 8192 works.

	For ramdisks greater than 4092K you need to pass
`ramdisk_size' to the kernel.  This works for me:

LILO boot: Linux ramdisk_size=40960

	If you use ramdisk as a module, you should do:

# modprobe rd rd_size=40960

	(or include `rd_size' in /etc/conf.modules).

	BTW, this is described in `Documentation/ramdisk.txt' in the
Linux kernel.

--
Juan Cespedes