Re: non-DFSG section and CD distributers

On Fri, 14 Nov 1997, Paul J Thompson wrote:

> > No, give *us* a break.  Debian *IS* about free software, that
> > *is* it's primary goal, everything else is secondary; by your own
> > admission you didn't know that when you joined the project, and you
> > don't seem to understand it now.
>
> No, I didn't know that when I joined.  Does that matter!  What I am
> trying to get across here is a valid arguement anyways.  Sure Debian
> *IS* about free software and that *is* its primary goal.  My arguement
> to maybe work on our relation to non-free by no means conflicts with
> the main goal of freeness.

look, *nobody* is stopping you or any other debian developer from
working on non-free software...either as a private project or for
inclusion in the non-free section of our ftp archive.

you're not being prevented from working with as much non-free s/w as you
like, there is a well-defined place for non-free stuff alongside the
debian main archive. what exactly is your problem?

you are making an enormous fuss over nothing.

craig

--
craig sanders
networking consultant                  Available for casual or contract