Re: tclmidi namespace pollution and xlib6g problems

On Mon, Nov 10, 1997 at 07:04:59PM -0500, Will Lowe wrote:
> I'll therefore need to change the name of tclmidi's minfo to something
> else.  The upstream author prefers to keep the filename the same,  but
> said he could understand my position and didn't really care what I changed
> it to.  Should I try something like midiinfo?  or tclmidiinfo?  The
> latter seems more descriptive but kinda long ...

  Any name that will resolve after two or three keystrokes should be fine
  since when I hit <TAB> the rest will follow. Not sure about the "tcl"
  name though, it does not map to functionality or purpose of the programm.

> Also,  it now seems possible to install both xlib6 and xlib6g,  with the
> result that a few packages I've made recently depend on both.  Is this a
> bug?  I was under the impression that the <packagename>g versions were
> merely the libc6 ones,  but I'm probably wrong.
>
>                      					Will

 The xlib6g package Conflicts with xlib6 (<< 3.3-5) ; therefore, I guess
 that packages should be compiled with both xlib6 and xlib6g .
 Could someone confirm that this is true, I was going to file bug reports
 on some packages that depend on both xlib6 and xlib6g, but would rather
 first make sure if I should.

--

Ioannis Tambouras
ioannis@flinet.com, West Palm Beach, Florida