Re: tclmidi namespace pollution and xlib6g problems
- To: email@example.com
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: tclmidi namespace pollution and xlib6g problems
- From: email@example.com (Richard Braakman)
- Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 14:29:16 +0100 (CET)
- Message-id: <m0xVcr7-001NHaC@night>
- In-reply-to: <19971112042548.32637@ohiox> from "firstname.lastname@example.org" at "Nov 12, 97 04:25:48 am"
> The xlib6g package Conflicts with xlib6 (<< 3.3-5) ; therefore, I guess
> that packages should be compiled with both xlib6 and xlib6g .
> Could someone confirm that this is true, I was going to file bug reports
> on some packages that depend on both xlib6 and xlib6g, but would rather
> first make sure if I should.
Someone who wants to install xlib6g must first upgrade xlib6 to at
least version 3.3-5. This is because xlib6 3.3-5 moves the
libc5-based library files out of the way so that xlib6g can install in
/usr/X11R6/lib. There is no real conflict between the two packages,
the Conflicts entry is used to enforce this upgrade path.
There used to be a bug (I have no idea where) that caused packages
compiled with xlib6g to also have a dependency on xlib6. All these
packages need to be updated.
TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
Trouble? e-mail to email@example.com .