Re: Intention to package Sleepycat's db-2 : new license.

Fabrizio Polacco <fpolacco@icenet.fi> writes:
> I'm announcing the intention to package db-2, the second version of
> Berkeley's DB, now developed by Sleepycat Software Inc., who has
> recently relaxed the License terms (without advertising it: they still
> say it's free only for non-commercial use); now it is quite similar to
> a GPLed library (note the not well plain "free infection" clause):

I think Sleepycat's db-2 package will be part of glibc 2.1 -- it is
included in the development snapshots.

So,

1) Looks like the copyright is OK

2) It may not be worth packaging up db-2, since it will (soon?) be
    assimilated into the libc.

- Hari