Intention to package Sleepycat's db-2 : new license.
I'm announcing the intention to package db-2, the second version of
Berkeley's DB, now developed by Sleepycat Software Inc., who has
recently relaxed the License terms (without advertising it: they still
say it's free only for non-commercial use); now it is quite similar to
a GPLed library (note the not well plain "free infection" clause):
* Copyright (c) 1990, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997
* Sleepycat Software. All rights reserved.
* Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
* modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
* are met:
* 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
* 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
* documentation and/or other materials provided with the
* 3. Redistributions in any form must be accompanied by information on
* how to obtain complete source code for the DB software and any
* accompanying software that uses the DB software. The source code
* must either be included in the distribution or be available for no
* more than the cost of distribution plus a nominal fee, and must be
* freely redistributable under reasonable conditions. For an
* executable file, complete source code means the source code for all
* modules it contains. It does not mean source code for modules or
* files that typically accompany the operating system on which the
* executable file runs, e.g., standard library modules or system
* header files.
| email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
| Pluto Leader - Debian Developer & Happy Debian 1.3.1 User - vi-holic
| 6F7267F5 fingerprint 57 16 C4 ED C9 86 40 7B 1A 69 A1 66 EC FB D2 5E
> Just because Red Hat do it doesn't mean it's a good idea. [Ian J.]
TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
firstname.lastname@example.org . Trouble?
e-mail to email@example.com .