Packaging perl modules / new package TimeDate

Hi there!

Someone has started a while ago to do automate the process of
integrating perl modules from CPAN into Debian. But I've forgotten the
name of that person. Who is he? What's the status of this project? Can
I use the tools for a faster manual migration?

If found a the package TimeDate with routines for processing time and
date value to and from the UNIX time_t (seconds since 01.01.1970). I'm
willing to do a Debian package with it.

Btw.: knows someone how large the CPAN is? Should we provide an extra
section CPAN/perl modules?

Thanks
     Christian

--