Re: including Qt on Debian

> Could you please explain to me why you don't want to include Qt on
> the Debian distribution ?

its not free software : we may not change it, may not fix bugs, and if
the company doesn't like us, they can change the licence and forbit us
to use it any longer.

we may not even ship our binaries (because we modified the source :
adding debian control files) without their explizit permission, and we
have to reget this permission for each version again.

you see : debian may never depend on qt !

andreas
p.s.: we offer qt in our non-free section, as long as we are allowed.
p.p.s.: kde binaries are also available
--
Find out how to avoid all those pesky crashes, lockups, application
errors, and slow applications at http://www.debian.org -- Debian can