Re: Packaging a *LARGE* dictionary

> If it contains usefull scripts/apps to browse/search the dictionary, I
> agree it's a good tool (mostly for non native english speakers ;).
>
> However, if it's just a *LARGE* file without any other facilities, I see
> no reason to package it.  (Following, this reasoning the Debian
> distribution would soon become a superset of the Gutemberg project;)

There is an actual dictionary in Guttenburg (based on 1913 Merriam-Webster edition).
I have considered packaging it, as a real dictionary would be a real
plus to Debian, but the lack of software for searching has kept me
from doing it. Of course, the proper way to do this would be to put it
in a database to make access speeds acceptable. Anyone heard of any
movements in this vein?

- Jay