Interrelations affecting...and xemacs/emacs

Well, I'm putting together my proposed standard Debian quick installation
(500 megs of files) and ran into some problems/thoughts...

...Perhaps this belongs as bug reports against each package, but I wasn't
sure so I thought I'd post it here for more info...

Taking just the main distribution of stable (not non-free/contrib)

java-lex depends on java-virtual-machine which isn't available.
mkrboot depends on fdos which isn't available.
xpaint depends on netpbm which isn't available.
latex2html recommends netpbm which (still :) ) isn't available.
mailpgp depends on pgp-i or pgp-us

All of these packages should be available though, because packages in
main-stable can only depend on other packages in main-stable.  Or am I
wrong?

-----

Under RedHat xemacs and emacs co-exist perfectly (emacs is distributed by
RedHat and xemacs can be added as an official package from RedHat power
toys...)

I'd really like to see xemacs and emacs co-exist under Debian, and not
conflict.  Also most emacs packages can be used under xemacs, but demand the
emacs package under Debian.  Can these be easily fixed to take xemacs or
emacs.  Should I just file bug reports with each individual packager?

(I also need to know the best version of tetris so I can decide which one to
include, but I'll ask that in Debian-user).

Thanks
Sam

--
VA Research Linux Workstations |  The World's Best Linux Computers
http://www.varesearch.com      |