Re: Forwarded: RFC: New source packaging format

In article <m2n.s.1997102400535220097@chiark.greenend.org.uk>,
	kaih@khms.westfalen.de (Kai Henningsen) writes:

> I must say I'm seriously underimpressed by this scheme. It seems to me to
> implement most of what was explicitely rejected (and for good reasons) for
> dpkg-source, and leave out all the good stuff, for nothing more than a
> version of dependencies that, IMHO, doesn't really do what we need (see
> Bruce's comments for details).

No, it doesn't even give us dependencies.

When people complained that they couldn't extract the source where they
wanted, Jim's reply was along the lines of "use dpkg -x instead of dpkg -i
then". But that doesn't give you any dependencies.
.