Compiling unstable packages for libc5

Hi,
>>"Martin" == Martin Buck <Martin-2.Buck@student.uni-ulm.de> writes:

Martin> On Wed, Oct 22, 1997 at 11:52:00PM -0800, Bruce Perens wrote:
Bruce> There are obvious advantages to doing something like that in
Bruce> the project rather than outside of it.

Martin> I couldn't agree more, but if the project does nothing about
Martin> the issue (besides from discussing it to death), it's no
Martin> surprise that third parties start to offer their own
Martin> run-at-your-own-risk-packages.

	I seem to recall that there was a machine offered that ran
 stable for people to compile on. If that is the case (and I'm not
 merely hallucinating), I offer to compile the latest make for
 libc5. I intend to use debian revisions 0.[89]X for libc5 compiled
 unstable packages, so that dpkg would upgrade to hamm when the time
 comes.

	We need to decide on the section keyword, and decide whether
 this unstable-for-libc5 section would have subdirectories
 (main/binary-i386/admin ....), and would it have contrib, non-free,
 and non-us categories as well?

	manoj
--
 "The doughnut is...not unlike the ideal lover - rich, sensual,
 irresistably desirable, and available 24 hours a day."  David Hoffman