Re: PAM support in Samba

> joost@rulcmc.leidenuniv.nl (joost witteveen) writes:
>
> > > OK, go right ahead if you want. I had the impression Joost had
> > > (almost?)  figured out what's needed to compile Samba with libc6
> >
> > yes, and what was needed was a libc6 pam :(.
> >
> > Would it really be that hard to make a libc6 pam?
> >
> > Has anybody tried? (just running dpkg-buildpackage isn't all that
> > hard).
>
> Converting a library to libc6 is more than just running
> dpkg-buildpackage.

Hey, I know that! But, at least when it compiles (and generate correct
code), then I know how much more work I have to do. And I know how
to do that.

If it doesn't compile (problems not fixed by just adding a few
"#include <errno.h>"'s), then I may run into problems I cannot fix.

> (It's still not normally hard (unless it's slang), but it's not just a
> matter of recompilation)

So I asked people if it was in this case hard, or just adding
the extra dependancies, packages, etc.

--
joost witteveen, joostje@debian.org

My spamfilter is so good, it correctly catches 90% of incoming spam,
*including* all email from my PhD supervisor.