Re: PAM support in Samba

joost@rulcmc.leidenuniv.nl (joost witteveen) writes:

> > Converting a library to libc6 is more than just running
> > dpkg-buildpackage.
>
> Hey, I know that! But, at least when it compiles (and generate
> correct code), then I know how much more work I have to do. And I
> know how to do that.

I meant the debian/rules, and producing libc5 _and_ libc6 packages at
the same time[1], the actual conversion of the source to libc6 is
usually fairly trivial.

In any event, I've done pwdb and am working on pam now. If anyone
wants to test the new pwdb in the meantime, they're at

<URL:ftp://debian.nocrew.pp.se:/pub/experimental/pwdb/>

[1] I *@!#%#$^ *hate* Makefiles which don't support $(srcdir).

--
James