Re: MaintainerDatabase Copyright

Hi,
>>"Fabrizio" == Fabrizio Polacco <fpolacco@icenet.fi> writes:

Fabrizio> You "can't" put a copyright on your name and address. You
Fabrizio> can't copyright your name under GPL or a restrictive "all
Fabrizio> rights reserved". Other people can use this information for
Fabrizio> the purpose they exixts (identify you) and you _can't_ stop
Fabrizio> them.

	Not being a lawyer, I can't contradict this. Does this mean
 that the xearth report can not have a copyright/licence at all? Does
 that not make this whole thing moot? Can we get a professional
 opinion?

Fabrizio> Other people can't modify your name because other laws
Fabrizio> forbits it, not because of the copyright. Do you think that
Fabrizio> a GPLed program which contains your name and address, maybe
Fabrizio> in a credit file, or in a changelog, not in a copyright
Fabrizio> notice, permits other to change it?

	I honestly do not know. (Where does this leave the maintainer
 database then?)

	manoj

--
 "Credo, quia absurdum est."  [I believe, because it is absurd.]
 Tertullian, Roman lawyer, theologian and misogynist; man of