Re: Xforms and FL [Was: Re: GPL vs. Motif]
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Xforms and FL [Was: Re: GPL vs. Motif]
- From: email@example.com (Richard Braakman)
- Date: Thu, 9 Oct 1997 19:00:10 +0200 (CEST)
- Message-id: <m0xJLwZ-001NJRC@night>
- In-reply-to: <61ijke$14h$1@Q.cistron.nl> from Miquel van Smoorenburg at "Oct 9, 97 02:45:02 pm"
Thanks for the reference :-)
I looked at FL. It looks pretty neat (is anyone packaging it for
Debian?), but it is not an XForms cloning project:
(Taken from http://www.cinenet.net/users/spitzak/fl/forms.html)
Although libFL was initially compatable with the GL Forms library
(version 0.3 or so), XForms has bloated severely and it's interface is
X specific. Therefore, XForms compatability is no longer a goal of
libFL. I did put in anything that was free, or that would add code
that would not be linked in if the feature is unused. I did not add
anything that would make the FL objects bigger, or that used X types
So I'm afraid this would mean porting LyX to FL rather than the other
way around, which probably involves so many changes that it should
be considered a forked version.
TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
Trouble? e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .