Re: GPL vs. Motif (was: MaintainerDatabase Copyright)

Steve Dunham wrote:

> I haven't touched xtar for a while.  I will try it against lesstif
> again when I get time.  (I don't really use it.)

I tried it with lesstif, and I got an xtar that did work, but was far
slower than the motif one that is distributed.  The problem seems to
be that it creates its list of files by adding them one at a time, and
the Motif version is smart enough to not do a full screen update for
every file.

I wonder if this might be due to a debugging flag in lesstif, designed
to keep screen updates synchronous.

Richard Braakman