Re: nis problem?

Hi,

I use a hacked version of the adduser script. As the last line in the
subroutine `syscall', put
	system("cd /var/yp; make")
to regenerate the NIS maps after all changes to the password file. This way,
you rebuild the NIS maps a bit too often, but it works...

		Cheers,
			Lukas

templin@bucknell.edu said:

> 	I'm trying to set up NIS on a pair of Debian servers and get the
> following errors.  Any suggestions on what to fix or what bugs to report
> (all software is current stable version):
>
> tcsh# adduser favor
> Adding user favor...
> Adding new user favor (1020) with group users.
> Creating home directory /home/favor.
> Copying files from /etc/skel
> Unknown error
> passwd: unknown user: favor.
> adduser: `passwd favor' returned error code 256.  Aborting.
> Cleaning up.
> Removing directory `/home/favor'
> Removing user `favor'.
> userdel: user favor does not exist
>

> I've tried linking yppasswd to passwd to no avail.

   Dr. Lukas Nellen                 | Email: lukas@ft.ifisicacu.unam.mx
   Depto. de Fisica Teorica, IFUNAM | Tel.:  +52 5 622 5166
   Apdo. Postal 20-364              | Sria.: +52 5 622 5014
   01000 Mexico D.F., MEXICO        | Fax:   +52 5 622 5015