Re: Sendmail with deliver, procmail, or mailagent?

Scott Ellis <storm@gate.net> writes:

> netgod and I are concerned about the possiblity of adding an extra script
> between sendmail and procmail/deliver may introduce an additional point of
> failure and possible mail loss between sendmail and the MDA (when the
> process table is full for instance).  But if all we need to worry about is
> procmail and deliver, it seems that making them aware of sendmail is good
> enough.

How do you know it's *just* procmail and deliver?  For that matter, if
qmail ever got packaged and wanted to use procmail and/or deliver for
local delivery, they'll need to be updated to check /etc/init.d/qmail
for how qmail is invoked.

I would note that the scripts might be better expressed as (for
example):

-----
#!/bin/sh

exec /usr/bin/procmail -Y -a "$2" -d "$3"
-----

--
    Carey Evans  <*>  http://home.clear.net.nz/pages/c.evans/  gc

kernel: Warning: possible SYN flooding. Sending cookies.
kernel: validated probe(100007f, 100007f, 11557, 5010, -1645409555)