Re: MaintainerDatabase Copyright

Hi,
>>"Dale" == Dale Scheetz <dwarf@polaris.net> writes:

Dale> On Mon, 6 Oct 1997, Will Lowe wrote:
>> On Mon, 6 Oct 1997, Christian Schwarz wrote:
>>
>> > First, we have to define which data will be distributed. I agree
>> with Christian Lynbech that we don't have to distribute the whole
>> data. For example, we should probably not distribute the private
>> email addresses of all people, since some want to keep it of the
>> web so that spammers can't find them.
>>
>> Ok.  My suggestion: Distribute email addresses only in the
>> "whoever@debian.org" form.  All maintainers have one of these.

Dale> Not necessarily! I, for one, don't use the debian.org address,
Dale> and don't have a forward on master (I used to, but it disapeared
Dale> and I haven't seen fit to re-establish it).

	Hmm. Would it be too onerous for you to establish a .qmail? I
 think that <maintainer>@debian.org is an invariant we should
 maintain, it is easy for users and other people to reach developers
 that way (also easy to tell people how to reach developers).

	The contents of the ~/.qmail file would simply be
&dwarf@polaris.net
  and you can upload it in place using the same mechanism you use to
  upload packages.

	Are there very many people who do not have a valid .qmail file
 on master? <quick check>, Hmm, about 18 real people, out of 278,
 which is  about 6.475%.

	manoj

__> for i in *; do
> if [ ! -e $i/.qmail ]; then
> echo $i
> fi
> done
boekhold
colin
crontabs
ean
espi
ewt
ezanardM
ftp
greghM
herbert
jgoerzen
leblanc
lost+found
mmagallo
rlb
schwab
sgk
shimon
spotter
syrus
tmanning
trout
www-master
__> finger `!!`
finger: crontabs: no such user.
finger: lost+found: no such user.
finger: shimon: no such user.
finger: www-master: no such user.
--
 A liberal is someone too poor to be a capitalist and too rich to be a
 communist.