Re: Program to read M$ word and Excel stuff

Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu> writes:

> Well, I don't know of any *completely* free ones that will do exactly
> what you want, but there is the "free for non-commercial use" (is that
> the deal?) StarOffice that I had to use to convert a Word6 file to
> html a while ago.

It's completely unrelated to Debian, but I saw something interesting
in the local paper (the "Press", www.press.co.nz) today:

    "Network Computer Inc (NCI) ... has said it has agreed to bundle
    office applications from a German software vendor [Star Division]
    with its machines."

NCI is part of Oracle - it makes network computers.  The software is
StarOffice!

--
    Carey Evans  <*>  http://home.clear.net.nz/pages/c.evans/  gc

kernel: Warning: possible SYN flooding. Sending cookies.
kernel: validated probe(100007f, 100007f, 11557, 5010, -1645409555)