Re: Program to read M$ word and Excel stuff

David Welton <davidw@cks.com> writes:

> Are there any free Debian programs to read these formats?

Well, I don't know of any *completely* free ones that will do exactly
what you want, but there is the "free for non-commercial use" (is that
the deal?) StarOffice that I had to use to convert a Word6 file to
html a while ago.  I think it handles Excel too.

There's also WordPerfect in the completely commercial domain.

--
Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu>