Re: Why do we need a base *section*?

> > > If so, I think we should 're-organise' base; that is adding in this
> > > section ALL the packages used by the boot floppies, and moving somewhere
> > > else packages NOT used in boot floppies (cfgtool comes to mind)...
>
> > would you move ppp package to 'base' ?
>
> AFAIR, only a part of ppp is included in the boot disks, so it's the case
> I've just corrected... _(;

Sorry to say, but the example you replied to was about the part of netstd
package, ppp is included completely in the base install, and it is in a
seperate package.

>From your answer I infer that you are reluctant to move ppp to 'base'
section, but including it in the base floppy install is VERY convenient
for the user. (Download 7 inages, install them, configure ppp, fire up
dselect and get everything else)

So what's the point to keep that 'base' section? What packages qualify
for being 'base'?

Alex Y.

--
   _