Re: [DEBIAN] Why does sendmail depend on procmail?

(I found this thread very interesting, really :-)

Scott Ellis <storm@gate.net> wrote:

: Speaking as the current maintainer of deliver, let me make a few comments.
:
: 1. RedHat uses deliver exclusively at it's MDA for sendmail.  I can't
:    think of anything deliver can do that can't be done equally as well in
:    procmail.

I can think of one thing: comsat; deliver does not notify comsat when
new mail arrives so the biff program can not notify asynchronously
of new mail arrival and I really love that. That's the reason a switched
to procmail, just to have biff barking at me. Now I have come to love
procmail because of the powerful filtering capabilities.

E.-

--

Eloy A. Paris
Information Technology Department