Re: [DEBIAN] Why does sendmail depend on procmail?

According to Santiago Vila Doncel:
> On Mon, 6 Oct 1997, Chip Salzenberg wrote:
> > According to Santiago Vila Doncel:
> > > procmail is a better MDA than deliver.
> > > [ It is not only a mail filter ].
> >
> > I challenge you to explain why.
>
> /usr/doc/procmail/README says:
>
> Procmail was designed to deliver the mail under the worst conditions
> (file system full, out of swap space, process table full, file table full,
> missing support files, unavailable executables; it all doesn't matter).

I take nothing away from procmail when I say:  Deliver was also
designed for extreme levels of robustness.  If you wish to praise
procmail, be my guest.  If you wish to assert that Deliver is somehow
inferior, however, I must demand either specifics or a retraction.
--
Chip Salzenberg          - a.k.a. -           <chip@pobox.com>
        "He's Mr. Big of 'Big And Tall' fame."  // MST3K