Re: libreadline problem (BS key)

On 6 Oct 1997, Guy Maor wrote:

> The goal is to make BS and DEL work perfectly out of the box.
>
> Right now I have _no_ relevant Xmodmap entries, _no_ xterm.VT100
> translations, and I get correct behavior for BS and DEL on xterm,
> rxvt, and linux.  BS deletes left, and DEL deletes right.

cool.  that's what i want.  i should have it next time i logout and login
again (come on netscape, do your stuff!   *BOOM*)

will we still need the following in /etc/X11/Xresources or ~/.Xdefault for
netscape and other motif apps?

    ! Fix Motif client handling of backspace/delete
    !
    *XmText.translations: #override\n\
          <Key>osfDelete: delete-previous-character()
    *XmTextField.translations: #override\n\
          <Key>osfDelete: delete-previous-character()

craig

--
craig sanders
networking consultant                  Available for casual or contract