Re: Why does sendmail depend on procmail?

Hi,

	Another datapoint (and opinion). There are some of us who
 choose not to use procmail, and use mailagent instead. For us, the
 added functionality that procmail offeres is useless, and could even
 be considered bloat and, as increased complexity increases the
 chances of a bug, a potential source of problems.

	Since we know that deliver is not orphaned, and it works very
 well, and not all people need procmail, shoild sendmail be made not
 to depend on procmail?

	I think it should depend on a virtual package, and not on
 deliver or procmail.

	manoj

--
 "A child is a person who can't understand why someone would give away
 a perfectly good kitten." Doug Larson