Update breaks Netscape 4 & locale woes

Hello all, I just updated the following new packages from the
"unstable" distribution:

main/binary/admin/at_3.1.7-6.deb
main/binary/base/kbd_0.94-2.deb
main/binary/base/util-linux_2.7.1-1.deb
main/binary/devel/lesstif-bin_0.81-0.4.deb
main/binary/libs/lesstif_0.81-0.4.deb
main/binary/libs/zlib1_1.0.4-7.1.deb
main/binary/text/less_332-2.deb
main/binary/utils/patch_2.5-1.deb
main/binary/web/weblint_1.020-1.deb
main/binary/x11/xbase_3.3-6.deb
main/binary/x11/xfnt100_3.3-6.deb
main/binary/x11/xfnt75_3.3-6.deb
main/binary/x11/xfntbase_3.3-6.deb
main/binary/x11/xfntscl_3.3-6.deb
main/binary/x11/xlib6_3.3-6.deb
main/binary/x11/xlib6g_3.3-6.deb
main/binary/x11/xmanpages_3.3-6.deb
main/binary/x11/xpm4.7_3.4j-0.4.deb
main/binary/x11/xserver-s3_3.3-6.deb
non-free/binary/devel/jdk1.1-dev_1.1.3.v2-1.deb
non-free/binary/devel/jdk1.1-runtime_1.1.3.v2-1.deb
non-free/binary/utils/unzip_5.31-1.deb

...and netscape4 stopped working. When I try to start it it spews
forth the following:

netscape: locale `C' not supported.

	If the $XNLSPATH directory does not contain the proper config files,
	Netscape will crash the first time you try to paste into a text
	field.  (This is a bug in the X11R5 libraries against which this
	program was linked.)

	Since neither X11R4 nor X11R6 come with these config files, we have
	included them with the Netscape distribution.  The normal place
	for these files is /usr/X386/lib/X11/nls/.
    If you can't create that
	directory, you should set the $XNLSPATH environment variable to
	point at the place where you installed the files.

netscape: The Motif keysyms seem not to be defined.

 This is usually because the proper XKeysymDB file was not found.
 You can set the $XKEYSYMDB environment variable to the location
 of a file which contains the right keysyms.

 Without the right XKeysymDB, many warnings will be generated,
 and most keyboard accelerators will not work.

 (An appropriate XKeysymDB file was included with the Netscape
 distribution.)

Warning: translation table syntax error: Unknown keysym name: osfActivate
Warning: translation table syntax error: %s
Warning: ... found while parsing '<Key>osfActivate:ManagerParentActivate()'
Warning: ... found while parsing '%s'
Warning: translation table syntax error: Unknown keysym name: osfCancel
Warning: translation table syntax error: %s
Warning: ... found while parsing '<Key>osfCancel:ManagerParentCancel()'
[lots of similiar rows deleted]
Bus error

Netscape 4 was working happily before I upgraded. I suspect the
xlib6/xlib6g is the culprit, but I'm not sure. Maybe I've forgotted
something obvious, but can anyone help?

And yes, I know that "unstable" means "unstable" -- just wondering is
anyone has bumped into the same problem.

Another thing: how do I get locale support to work with the new
libraries? What packages am I supposed to install? The package
'locales' seems to contain the locale data, but it conflicts with
libc5. I'm trying to get a perl application that uses locales to work
properly, with no luck so far -- it used to work, but at some point
stopped working when the new libraries started popping into the
system.

//Petri