Re: Mailing lists and confidentiality

Hi,

	We are now discussing, in effeect, why we have
 debian-private. If we agree there is a need for debian-private, a
 list not wide open as debian-devel is, then no single person should
 be able to just blow the privacy of the discussions on the list; no
 matter what hteir own beliefs are.

	If you allow that, then there is effectively no privacy on the
 list.

	Paraphrasing the content is semantic sophistry; the
 restriction (which I think applies to private email as well) is about
 privacy; or revealing the contents, not just the actual wording
 used.

	I am no lawyer, but I think if you need clearly stated rules,
 look to the copyright law for what the spirit rules should model. (I
 do retain copyright on private email, right?)

	Can one make an unauthorized movie from a copyrighted book,
 even is the movie script is totally re-written to change all the
 actual dialogue?

	manoj
 irritated
--
 print reverse split(/\/*/,",rekcah lreP rehtona tsuJ");
 merlyn@iwarp.intel.com (Randal Schwartz)