Re: Uploaded kernel-package 3.38 (source all) to master

Goswin Brederlow <goswin.brederlow@student.uni-tuebingen.de> writes:

> Understandable. What about the Debian Amiga. I heard it's running.

No it's not.  (Or if it is, it's unannounced)

> You could test m68k stuff there. PPC accounts where offered here
> also. You won't be able to test something like the kernel, but test
> the package and wheather it compiles or not you can test.

So what?  To *maintain* kernel-m68k and kernel-ppc packages Manoj
would have to follow the kernel development of those architectures
(e.g. to know about patches he should or should not include).  Is this
even vaguely sensible, desirable or feasible?  No.

I'll maintain (unless anyone objects) the m68k side of things,
starting as soon as I get back (this access is only temporary).

One of the points of this proposal was to get the maintenance of the
kernel-* stuff for non-i386 architectures out of an i386 persons
hands.  Otherwise some poor kernel source/package maintainer would end
up looking after 5 or more architectures, which is plain silly.

--
James - damned penguin, I don't care if you don't like interleaving.