Re: Once again: libc6 packages compatibility etc...

On Tue, Sep 16, 1997 at 11:58:35AM -0400, Dale Scheetz wrote:
> If I follow Brian's idea I will have the following:
>
> 	libgmp1_1.3.2-6		libc5 version
> 	libgmp1-dev_1.3.2-6
> and
> 	gmp2_2.0.2-3		libc6 version
> 	gmp-dev_2.0.2-3
>
> These can both reside in the libs section without confusion, since they
> will clearly be in seperate portions of the list.
>
> Doesn't this remove the need for the g and alt identifier strings?

Yes, but I think it would be a bad idea to deviate from -altdev at
this point.  Telling users some "altdev" packages use -altdev while
some others use -dev would probably only confuse them more than they
already will be.

David
--
David Engel                        ODS Networks
david@sw.ods.com                   1001 E. Arapaho Road