Re: FTP site organization

> > Brian White <bcwhite@verisim.com> writes:
> > > ftp/pub/debian/
> > > 	stable -> dists/stable
> > > 	frozen -> dists/frozen
> > > 	unstable -> dists/unstable
> > > 	dists/stable		(symlink to current stable distribution)
> > > 	dists/frozen		(symlink to current frozen distribution)
> > > 	dists/unstable		(symlink to current development distribution)
> > > 	dists/<dist>/		(actual location of distribution files)
> > > 		main/		(main distribution files)
> > > 		non-free/	(non free distribution files [1])
> > > 		non-US/		(non US distribution files [2])
>
> Might I just remind people that the Deity team is building a dselect
> replacement which will be able to handle source lists?  See:
> <URL:http://www.verisim.com/~behanw/deity/deity-ui_0.10.html#src>

I'll also point out that the dpkg-ftp version in experimental (1.5.x)
already handles source lists.  There is already (using that version of
dpkg-ftp) no need for the main and subsidiary distributions to be on
the same FTP server.

I currently get by non-US and main distributions from different sites
already.

There are some problems with the version I'm using (1.5.1), but it is
already very usable.