Re: FTP site organization

> Brian White <bcwhite@verisim.com> writes:
> > ftp/pub/debian/
> > 	stable -> dists/stable
> > 	frozen -> dists/frozen
> > 	unstable -> dists/unstable
> > 	dists/stable		(symlink to current stable distribution)
> > 	dists/frozen		(symlink to current frozen distribution)
> > 	dists/unstable		(symlink to current development distribution)
> > 	dists/<dist>/		(actual location of distribution files)
> > 		main/		(main distribution files)
> > 		non-free/	(non free distribution files [1])
> > 		non-US/		(non US distribution files [2])

Might I just remind people that the Deity team is building a dselect
replacement which will be able to handle source lists?  See:
<URL:http://www.verisim.com/~behanw/deity/deity-ui_0.10.html#src>

When this happens, there will be no need for the main distribution and
the non-us distribution even to be on the same FTP server for Deity to
handle them together neatly.  The same should be true for any other
"side distributions".

--Charles Briscoe-Smith
White pages entry, with PGP key: <URL:http://alethea.ukc.ac.uk/wp?95cpb4>
PGP public keyprint: 74 68 AB 2E 1C 60 22 94  B8 21 2D 01 DE 66 13 E2