Re: Tetris packages - need a less-trademarked name

On Thu, 11 Sep 1997, Manong Dibos wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Sep 1997, Dale Scheetz wrote:
> > In fact, the entity which is being threatened with legal action is
> > cdrom.com. These folks ARE making a profit from the sale of "this"
> Exactly!  These lawyers are relying on us "lay" persons NOT being
> confident enough to stand up to them.  They think we are dummies.  The
> So Debian isnt really under attack at all.

I ask:
	Is the point in this whole debate to "Win",  or just to distribute
free software?  I say change the name rather than *bother* with a fight.
I'd rather expend Debian's (Mr. Perens'?) money/time distributing the
package than arguing about what we call it.  It's a simple change to make,
we'll make a note someplace that xtnt resembles "that other game with the
blocks" and then go on to do other things.

                     					Will

			         harpo@udel.edu
               		       lowe@cis.udel.edu
				lowe@debian.org