Re: In praise of fakeroot

In article <[🔎] Pine.LNX.3.96.970904194525.5427A-100000@waterf.org> you wrote:

: Only problem was that tar is not available as a libc6 package yet.

I'm starting to come off an intense burst of energy elsewhere, and am catching
up on my Debian email, among other things.

I rolled my main development system to libc6 last night (thanks to the folks
who've worked on the mini-howto, it wasn't too painful), and built my three
most trivial packages.  I'm looking at the open bugs on tar right now...  I'll
have libc6 versions of tar, gzip, and my other packages uploaded shortly.

Bdale