In praise of fakeroot

I have played around with fakeroot and its really an amazing package. I
would like to have dpkg use that by default. This seems to be the final
solution to the security issues with building packages.

Debmake was released today with a "build" command that will automatically
build the package using fakeroot if it has not been equipped with
superuser rights.

No need to do anything to the debian/rules files. I think the maintainers
better remove all those sudo etc reference in debian/rules in favor of
getting the package build with fakeroot.

Only problem was that tar is not available as a libc6 package yet. Rebuilt
it without a problem and building packages since then without a hitch.